2019 ARI PROJECT: Performing Arts
‘The Spirit of Asia’
- Title : The Spirit of Asia
- Date: Thursday, August 2, 2019 at 7:30pm
- Place: Korean Cultural Center, Los Angeles 3rd Fl. Ari Hall
- Presenters : Korean Cultural Center,LA (KCCLA), Jung Im Lee Korean Dance Academy, Wat Thai Los Angeles, & Kayamanan Ng Lahi Phil Folk Arts
- Online Reservation : www.kccla.org/english/programs_reservation.asp
- For more Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-936-3015 Hannah Cho
The Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles (KCCLA) with Jung Im Lee Korean Dance Academy, Wat Thai Los Angeles, and Kayamanan Ng Lahi Phil Folk Arts will present a special Asian cultural performance "The Spirit of Asia" on Friday, August 2nd, 2019 at 7:30P.M. on the 3rd floor of the Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles, Ari Hall.
Three beautiful countries, Korea, Thailand and Philippines, are joining hands on one stage to celebrate the diversity of our community and inspire new friendships by building bridges across cultures.
Traditional concerts portray each country’s current culture in a fair and just way. “The Spirit of Asia” will show the traditional cultural arts and will present the audience with a sense of refreshment on this warm August night.
To show Korea’s elegant and beautiful emotions, Jung Im Lee Korean Dance Academy will perform to dances like the “Crane Dance,” “Hwa Kwan Mu” and “Fan Dance.” Wat Thai Los Angeles will show Thailand’s mystical beauty through “Manora Dance,” “Seangala,” and “Li-gaa Hulu.” And finally, Kayamanan Ng Lahi Phil Folk Arts will portray Philippines’ unique and folksy performance through “Pandango Sa Ilaw-Oasiwas,” “Jota Paragua,” and “Tinikling.”
The unique features of Asian dances include traditional costumes, music, history, and all these elements blend together to reflect the beauty of cultural arts. All three groups wish that the audience will get a sense of relief from the hot summer days through this exciting concert.
Admission is free, and reservations can be made online or over the phone.
* This performance is presented as a part of the Korean Cultural Center’s 2019 ARI PROJECT Season 6: Performing arts series, which features a rich program of various performing arts programs including Korean traditional music and dance, modern fusion world music, jazz, musical as well as theater.
1. Hwa Kwan Mu / Korea
2. Crane Dance / Korea
3. Pandango Sa Ilaw-Oasiwas / Philippine
4. Jota Paragua / Philippine
5. Manora Dance / Thailand
6. Seangala / Thailand
7.Tinikling / Philippine
8. Li-gaa Hulu / Thailand
9. Fan Dance / Korea
* The program is subject to change without notice.